Our mission is to strengthen the global finance industry by empowering women to achieve their professional potential at each career stage.
We operate under a guiding principle that we call Vision 30/40. It is the goal for women to occupy 30% of senior investment roles and executive committee positions by 2040. Even with our efforts, and those of so many other organizations working towards gender equity, we still have quite a way to go for women to hold even close to the number of investment or executive roles in finance that men currently hold.
Supporting the mission
To achieve a goal like Vision 30/40, it requires that we reach more women who are already in finance and it means that we need to advocate for a new generation of industry leadership.
We are proud to have many individuals and organizations join us in this effort, some of whom sponsor our initiatives through programs such as our CEO Circle, which focuses on strategic initiatives aimed at exploring new ideas and locales and to promote diversity of thought in our industry.
Putting it into action
Each program we offer centers around promoting diversity of thought, raising visibility, and empowering women at each career stage to find their personal path to success. This powerful combination fuels our efforts every day and is what gets us closer to achieving our mission.
Advancing Careers through Education, Visibility, and Talent-Sourcing
We empower women with connections and resources, providing the opportunity for networking, career advancement and increased industry presence. Members have access to internal and external offerings such as:
- Visibility programs like FundWomen, 100WFintech and Allocator Showcase that are designed to elevate the public profile of female professionals and to inspire the next generation of leaders
- Education and Professional Programming (both virtual and in-person) for broadening perspectives, gaining insights and sharpening skills
- Conferences such as Global FundWomen Week that connect female fund managers to potential investment allocators
- Job Boards for Sourcing Diverse Talent
- Corporate and Private Boards Initiatives that seek to place interested members with industry boards looking to fill seats
- Industry Leadership Awards
Creating Impact in Finance for A More Diverse Industry
We believe that expanding the pipeline of women entering finance, banking, technology and business higher education will ultimately increase female representation in leadership roles of these sectors.
100WF reaches, inspires, and supports pre-career women who are the finance industry’s leadership pipeline by:
- Encouraging female students to look favorably at careers in finance and investments
- Creating educational opportunities and access points for them to join the industry
- Presenting greater visibility of female role models
- Working with external organizations strategically aligned with our mission