100 Women in Finance Institute
The 100 Women in Finance Institute provides members with unique educational opportunities and scholarships to attract more women to the industry and empower them to advance.
CAIA Charter Scholarships
Forté Financial Services FAST Track Conference
May 22 & 23
New York, New York
Make an impact with your MBA and find your financial niche – from investment and private wealth management to investment banking and portfolio management – at our one and half day conference showcasing endless financial career possibilities. Meet women leaders from top firms who will share the advantages of working in the challenging and rewarding world of financial services.
100WF CAIA Charter Scholarship Opportunity Applications Due March 2, 2018
100 Women in Finance (100WF) is pleased to announce the eighth year of the 100WF CAIA Charter Scholars program. The scholarship opportunity is open to 100WF members globally interested in pursuing a career in alternative investment management with a specific focus on portfolio management.
The Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Foundation will award ten scholarships to extraordinary women for the Level I CAIA Charter exam in September 2018. The scholarship program is generously underwritten by PAAMCO in support of women seeking to earn the CAIA Charter designation, the highest standard of education in alternative investments.
100WF members are encouraged to apply and forward the opportunity to eligible colleagues based on the criteria below.
100WF CAIA Charter Scholars Program Eligibility and Benefits
- Possess a minimum of one-year of professional experience in the alternative investments industry
- Pursue a career in alternative investment management with a specific focus on portfolio management
- Be a 100 Women in Finance member in good standing. New members should register here.
- Ensure your employer does not currently reimburse the cost of the CAIA program
- Commit to register for the Level l CAIA exam in September 2018
- Commit to completing the program within three years of initial registration
- Confirm you have not previously taken a CAIA Exam
- Agree, if selected, to serve as an organizational steward for CAIA by participating in organizational events and/or activities
- Allow CAIA to use your name, name of employer, photo, and/or excerpts from essay responses in support of CAIA marketing and communications campaigns
- Personally incur any retake costs or updated materials costs due to retakes
- CAIA will waive enrollment and first-time registration fees for its Level I and II exams
- CAIA will provide its Knowledge Series textbooks (courtesy Wiley Publishing)
- CAIA will provide access to the CFA Standards of Practice Handbook, 11th edition
- Awardees may elect the Kaplan Schweser CAIA Level I and II Premium Instruction Study Solution® OR the UpperMark Platinum Suite Study Package
- CAIA will waive the first year of its CAIA Association membership fee
100WF CAIA Scholarship Application Process
NOTE: Application cannot be saved in draft form. Please be sure you have ample time to complete the entire form and essay questions before starting. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Required program application materials include an online application form with three essays and the submission of two, typed letters of professional reference. Please ask reference providers to send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the applicant’s name and “reference letter” in the email subject line.
Applications to be considered for the 100WF CAIA Charter Scholars Program will be accepted beginning Monday, January 15, 2018. Deadline to apply: 11:59 PM EDT on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Selection and Notification of Applicant Status
Consistent with past years, application materials will be reviewed by CAIA Association Members who volunteer to serve on a dedicated Selection Committee. Reviewers will not evaluate application materials from applicants employed by his/her firm or organization. CAIA will provide reviewers with an established, 4-point scoring rubric whereby essay responses are judged on the basis of ambition, clarity, commitment, and innovation. CAIA will notify applicants of award status by email by early April.
The 2018 registration is now closed