The 100 Women in Finance LaunchMe Mentorship Program is a comprehensive development and advocacy initiative that helps connect career-ready students to professionals and industry firms.
LaunchMe is a 12-month virtual mentorship program focusing on four key areas: Exploring Career Opportunities, Enhancing Professional Network, Building Essential Career Skills, and Developing Business Acumen. Students create a development plan to prepare for the beginning of their career journey. Professionals, in addition to helping others develop competencies, utilize and enhance leadership skills which may better position themselves for advancement.
Mentors and mentees participate in both 1:1 and group meetings focused on industry and self-development skills that are relevant to both students and professionals.
Program commitment is approximately 2 hours per month.
- Explore how personal values and aspirations align with career interests and opportunities
- Identify the tools and skills needed to be successful within the LaunchMe framework encompassing the four key areas of focus
- Utilize a development plan as an accelerator to customize early career steps
- Further develop and explore leadership skills and enhance emotional intelligence
- Gain experience addressing diverse career needs by mentoring individuals outsideone’s organization
- Share insight through the lens of real-life experiences and lessons learned
- Opportunity to guide career-ready students and advocate for new talent entering the industry
- Hands-on experience for managers addressing diverse needs of individuals, providing guidance on professional development and recognizing the importance of empathy when managing people and teams
- Opportunities for professionals to further develop management style and leadership attributes to be leveraged in a corporate environment
- Access to career-ready candidates to meet hiring needs and promote internship and full-time job opportunities
How to Get Involved
This program runs annually from April to March.
Applications are now open.
Summary of the LaunchMe 2023 Program
The participants reflect on current developments in the industry and the impact on career opportunities, such as:
- ESG & Impact Investing
- Changing Investments Landscape across asset and wealth management
- Digital Assets
- Personal Brand
- Business Acumen
- Modernized Recruitment and Interview Process
Additional background on our mentors
- Region: Mentors from 16 countries help create a welcoming space for young women.
- Experience: Mentors range from 3 to over 25 years of experience representing a variety of sectors and functional roles within financial services. They leverage each other to make connections for their mentees across banking, trading, portfolio management, wealth management, research, fintech, sustainability, private equity, and venture capital.
- 40% of our Mentors have Certifications, like CFA, CPA, and CAIA
- Mentor’s business units across firms varied widely, offering our Mentees exposure in Sales, Trading, Investor Relations, and more.
“The opportunity to meet and connect with influential leaders and professionals in the finance industry has been instrumental in broadening my network. The interactions and discussions at these events have not only been intellectually stimulating but have also provided me with a broader perspective on the industry.”
“100WF has helped me immensely while kick-starting my professional career. Being paired with a mentor has given me the resources to navigate through job applications, interviews, and networking opportunities. I’ve learned so much during my time as a mentee and have been so grateful for all that 100WF continues to prepare me for.”
Upcoming LaunchMe Events
Browse past events
ESG vs. Impact Investing – The Current State
Personal Brand and Career Interests
Launch Me 2023-24
News & Updates
LaunchMe 23 Mentorship Program – Connecting Career-ready Students with Professionals and Industry Firms
The 100 Women in Finance LaunchMe program is a 12-month mentorship and advocacy program focusing on career opportunities, professional network, essential career skills and business acumen. The program helps connect students to professionals and industry firms, and...
Allison Spargo Executive Coach, Career Coach, Team Coach, Facilitator International award-winning Executive Coach, Alli Spargo helps individuals & teams to get to know themselves and each other better and supports them to play at the top of their game. Her breadth...
Sheri Yamasaki Director of Human Resources, Hotchkis & Wiley Sheri Yamasaki has been instrumental in the expansion of the 100 Women in Finance Global LaunchMe Mentorship Program. In the first year of the program, Sheri was a mentor and an active...
LaunchMe 2023 Committee Members
Allison Spargo Executive Coaching
Americas/East Coast (Chair)
University of California, Berkeley
Erika (Tsz Yee) Lau
University of Hong Kong