Managing Director, Bermuda Compliance Consultants, Ltd.
Alison has led the 100 Women in Finance Bermuda Committee since its inception in 2015, backed by more than 30 years of experience in financial services. She is a founding partner of Bermuda Compliance Consultants Ltd. and has also worked for multinational firms and banks. Alison has extensive experience in anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing regulations, policy development, corporate governance, and training. She also serves as an independent director on a number of corporate boards and as director/governance chair for a nonprofit in Bermuda that supports women and their families.
The Bermuda Committee recently welcomed Nicole Wiley, COO, to Bermuda as she attended a Fall Networking Event hosted by our global corporate sponsor, The Bank of NT Butterfield & Son Limited. The event was well attended by industry professionals and provided a valuable opportunity to reconnect while enjoying the beautiful views from Butterfield’s terrace overlooking the harbor. “It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces and meet new people who are interested in becoming members,” noted Alison. “We are looking forward to continuing to grow our membership and provide opportunities for women to attend both educational and networking events as well as look to establish our Next Generation group in 2023.”
More About Alison:
- Serves as an independent director on a number of corporate boards and a Bermuda non-profit. Expertly assists clients in obtaining IBA, IFA, and CSP licenses
- Expertly assists clients in obtaining IBA, IFA, and CSP licenses
- Serves as outsourced compliance officer and money laundering reporting officer for regulated entities, providing extensive advice and implementing best practices relating to AML rules and regulations
- Develops and implements global policies and procedures to ensure regulatory and operational compliance
- Develops AML policies, procedures, and training programs for regulated entities
- Provides risk assessments and gap analyses for financial service companies
- Performs AML and ATF audits for multiple regulated entities
- Assists with BMA on-site visits and remediation projects
- Provides guidance on Personal Information Protection Act requirements
- Managing director and partner at Oyster Consulting (Bermuda) Ltd
- Senior manager at EY Bermuda Ltd
- Senior vice president and vice president of risk and compliance at Citi Hedge Fund Services Ltd
- Assistant vice president and compliance officer at The Bank of Bermuda, Limited
Education, Accolades, and Affiliations:
- Participant in the Privacy Officer Foundation Course
- We Speak
- Member of the Institute of Directors
- Member of the Bermuda Business Development Agency Asset Management Working Group
- Chair of 100 Women in Finance, Bermuda location
- Panelist for HFM Week Special Report, Bermuda
- Participant at the Regulatory Compliance Association Women’s Summit, Bermuda
Interested in connecting with other women in the industry?
See how a membership at 100WF can help propel your career and make a difference in the presence of women in the financial world.